- Build windbreaks around the pool or spa to prevent evaporation and heat loss.
- When choosing the location of your pool or spa, pick a spot in direct sunlight for part of the day, or out of the wind.
- Use a lower wattage pool light.
- When replacing parts such as motors, heaters, and blowers choose energy efficient products.
- Turn the lights off when not in use.
- Install thermometers in the pool, or spa to ensure temperatures are not excessive.
- The pilot light should be blue in color and cone shaped. If it is yellow, or weak gas is being lost.
- The burner needs to be cleaned and the pressure checked.
- Turn the heater off when not in use for an extended period.
- Insulate pipes.
- Set the heater thermostat lower.
- Set the spa in-ground to insulate the exterior.
- Install solar heating.
- Use a secondary cover to trap more heat in your spa.
READY TO RELAX?
CALL US TODAY